This page provides an overview of the terminology used through Member.buzz's platform and this documentation.
Below are some of our most general terminology to help you get acquainted with our platform.
- A Space on Member.buzz refers to the customizable website that your group uses to create Content and manage Members. Spaces are managed using their Dashboards (See Dashboard).
- The Dashboard is the area in your Space used to create Content.
- The Profile tab of your Dashboard will showcase personal information about you. You can add other social links, a personal summary, a relationship status, and more.
- Account provides the overview of your Space's activities, from ticket sales to revenue. Additionally, it provides information about your account type and the specific Roles you have within a Space.
- An individual occurrence of a type of Content.
- Post Type
- Settings pertaining to an entire type of Content.
A Member.buzz Account allows you to login and interact with any Space using our Platform. Your status will change depending on your relationship with a Space.
- A visitor is an unknown person who comes to your Space.
- A User is someone who has signed into your Space but has not yet chosen a Membership.
- Members are Users who have registered for a specific Membership and can be assigned specific Capabilities to access content.
- Organizers have full administrative access to everything on a Space.
There are a variety of Post Types available on Member.buzz. Each one has a section in your Space's Dashboard.
Articles allows you to create a blog post to share with the public or specific Members within your group.
With an Event Post, you can promote live and digital events, sell tickets to members, upload photos, check-in guests and more. .. + community
- You can create customizable Forms to gather information from your Members.
- A Fundraiser allows you to collect donations for specific causes important to your Organization or raise funds via crowdfunding.
- Memberships are offered to Members, allowing them to join your Space.
- A Newsletter is an email distribution sent to your Members or a group of contacts.
- Invoices offers Organizers the ability to request a payment from someone.
Roles and Permissions
Space Organizers have full control over everything in their Space. However, individual Members can also be given control of a Content Instance or an entire Content Module.
- Controlling access to Content on your site is accomplished through managing the capabilities of your Members.
There are four Statuses a person viewing your Space can have:
- Visitor: The user has not yet signed in.
- A Role controls access to an entire Module.
- A Permission controls access to a specific Content Instance.
Many Content types have been designed to allow a Space's Organizers to sell to their Members.
After a transaction occurs, organizations will have to wait two business days until they can transfer it into their bank account.
- After a transaction has successfully gone through, and two business days have passes, a Space's administrator can transfer the funds into their respective bank account.